About Go Electric
Everyone in B.C. is feeling the effects of climate change: from forest fires, to floods, to extreme heat. The CleanBC roadmap to 2030 is B.C.’s plan to lower the greenhouse gas emissions that are causing climate change.
In B.C., the largest single source of emissions is transportation. By 2030, the province wants to reduce transportation emissions by about a third.
- Making it easier to walk, cycle, and take transit
- Supporting businesses to move more goods by rail, water or cargo bike
- Supporting sales of new passenger EVs, so that most new cars sold are electric
- Helping businesses and industry get and use medium- and heavy-duty EVs
Go Electric helps B.C. meet our emissions goals
Go Electric is helping B.C. make the shift to cleaner transportation. The program makes it easier for people and businesses to buy and own an EV by:
- Bringing down the price of EVs
- Making it easier to charge or fuel an EV
- Supporting research, job training, and economic development in B.C.’s EV sector
Go Electric is proud to partner with organizations across B.C. Our partners help us:
- Promote EV use and educate people about EV benefits
- Deliver rebate programs
- Develop and deliver policies
- Build EV infrastructure across B.C.
- Train and support businesses and industry
- Create economic opportunities in the EV industry
- And more!
Climate change impacts all British Columbians, and we all play a part in slowing it down.
No matter your income, location or housing situation, your actions can make an impact. It’s easier and less costly than you think!